American Music Awards 2012: Best Dressed

So last night the American Music Awards were on, unfortunetly I forgot to record it, but I have been hunting through websites to catch what the celebs were wearing on the red carpet!

I am a major fan of Taylor Swift, plus I'm super jealous that she may or may not have a thing with Harry Styles right now!  I'm obsessed with her music, her charming music videos, and of course her style.  She's definitely my style icon for the girly side of me, and I don't think I've ever seen her in anything I haven't loved.



She wore a gorgeous Zuhair Murad dress last night, and I absolutely adore it!  It's a gold lace mini dress, with sequin and beading detailing on it, which really made it catch the light from the cameras.  It has sheer sleeves with a deep-v back and the bottom of the dress is scalloped.  Not only was I in love with her dress, but her hair looked amazing with her bangs and then the rest pulled back into the roll/bun thing (hahah, I'm so talented at describing things).  Her makeup was perfect for the look, since the dress is so neutral her bold smokey eye really helped her look alive and stand out.  She was my best dressed for the night for sure!


My next favorite would have to be Heidi Klum in Alexander Vauthier!




She looked stunning in this short gold lace mini, yes I'm aware that it's very similar to Taylor Swift's dress.  My favorite part of the dress is the neck, I love how the lace continues up the neck and covers the shoulders, it helps off-set the high slit and shortness of the dress.  I really love how Heidi chose to pair the daring dress with matching Christian Louboutin for Vauthier heels.  She also chose to hair her golden dress with a smokey eye and a bun!

You know what they say, great minds think a-like!  Taylor and Heidi totally pulled off their similar look, and I love it!


Some of my other favorite looks of the night were:

(left to right: A.J. McLean, Nick Carter, Brian Littrell, Howie Dorough, Kevin Richardson)
The Backstreet Boys!  Personally I think Nick Carter looked great in all black!  I'm not digging what Brian or A.J. wore, but I also want to point out how sharp Howie and Kevin look!  I also love how each of them wore something different, so they didn't blend in together.  Overall, good job boys!

(left to right: Carrie Underwood, Stacy Keibler, Shay Carl)
Carrie wore this breath-taking Abed Mahfouz gown, this was a close 3rd in my favorites of the night!  I love how it gives her curves without taking away from the gown, but I also love how she wore the dress and didn't let the dress wear her!
Stacy wore Colette Dinnigan, I love how the dress has so much detail but yet it's not overwhelming.  I'm also dying cause her legs are killer!
Now I totally freaked out when I saw Mr. Shay Carl!  If you don't know who he is, he makes youtube videos and I'm just obsessed.  I think he looked adorable, I love how he went with the dark pants and tie, but chose the grey blazer with a pop of color button up!


Who were your best dressed of the American Music Awards 2012?

xoxo,
      Paige